Flex help anyone ?

From: Mike Aubury
Subject: Flex help anyone ?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:54:09 +0100

Yes - I know this is a bison list - but someone might know...

I've got to detect strings so I have matches for :

\"[^\"]+\"    {  return CHAR_VALUE;}
\"\" { return CHAR_VALUE;}

in my flex definition file (or similar at least)
(The first for a string, the second for an empty string)

In the language I'm trying to parse - its permissible to embed quotes within a
string if you double up..

so :

        "Hello ""World"" would be ok"

Obviously - I'm getting this back as three strings ("Hello " , "World"  &
"would be ok") which is messing up the parser...

Any ideas ?