RE: Flex - Windows

From: Urdaneta, Alfonso E (N-Summitt Technologies)
Subject: RE: Flex - Windows
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:35:53 -0500

> > Is there a windows version anywhere that I have
> > missed somewhere?
>
> cygwin has a port:
>
> http://www.cygwin.com

I'll second that.  I use flex and bison on windows 2000 and I have never
downloaded it directly, it just came along with cygwin (along with a
bunch of other cool stuff like sed and awk).

heres some output from my build .bats

C:\code\tiny\parsers>bison --no-lines --verbose
--name-prefix=l200pattern_ --def
ines bl200pattern.ypp
C:\code\tiny\parsers>move bl200pattern.tab.hpp bl200pattern.tab.h
C:\code\tiny\parsers>flex -L -Pl200pattern_ -oll200pattern.cpp
ll200pattern.lpp

As you can see, I have no problem using it, other than that I have to
rename the hpp files since visual studio won't support them without
significant registry hacking.

C:\code\tiny\parsers>ver

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]

as you can see, I'm on Windows 2000, which is reasonably close (and
easier on the eyes) than XP.

regards,

--
alfonso e. urdaneta

Answer: No
Question: Should I reply before the quote?