help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Feature request

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Feature request
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:33:53 +0200

Gyozo is right, thanks :-)

I'll try to take a look at that issue too (it was in my TODO list actually). Probably changing the template files won't be enough... If I come up with a fix I'll let you know, please do the same :-)

cheers
        Lorenzo

Gyozo, PAPP (VBuster) wrote:

Hi Christian,

you may look the src/skels/*.h_skel file to get familiar how and from what
gengetopt generates the compiled C files.
If you can arrange the templates in the right way, you 'all almost do the half
of the work. Keep in mind that the new gengenopt (the upcoming 2.13) uses
gengen 0.6 to compile these templates. So maybe, you should start there! The
major improvement is that you can add conditional parts to the template like
this:
(see http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/gengen/gengen.html#SEC7 for more
details!)

void
@address@hidden (void)
{
  @address@hidden ();
@IF@ has_purpose @THEN@
  printf("\n%s\n", "@purpose@");
@ENDIF@
  printf("address@hidden@\n"@if@ no_package @then@, @package_var_name@@endif@);
  @help_option_print:method@
}
This really ease the work with gengetopt templates.