help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Patches AMD 64 next try...

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Patches AMD 64 next try...
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:06:39 +0100

Dear Julia,
I think I got all the patches now, and things did *not* work correctly
so far. The trouble is that in gabor.c some values get negative. As
small negatives are LARGE positives we get nice segfaults. If I hack
things that the loop is skipped when the corresponding values are
negative things run through nicely. I still have too look more deeply in
the ramifications of this (bug by David or bug by you or bug by me??),
then I'll put patches to the discussion.

Currently I am indexing 6k personal photos :-) and then I will see if
things work as nicely as they seemed to on a 500 image collection.

Cheers,
Wolfgang
--
Dr. Wolfgang Mueller