help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Patches AMD 64 next try...

From: risc
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Patches AMD 64 next try...
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:52:42 -0600

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 09:06:39PM +0100, Wolfgang Mueller wrote:
> Dear Julia,
> I think I got all the patches now, and things did *not* work correctly
> so far. The trouble is that in gabor.c some values get negative. As
> small negatives are LARGE positives we get nice segfaults. If I hack
> things that the loop is skipped when the corresponding values are
> negative things run through nicely. I still have too look more deeply in
> the ramifications of this (bug by David or bug by you or bug by me??),
> then I'll put patches to the discussion.
>
> Currently I am indexing 6k personal photos :-) and then I will see if
> things work as nicely as they seemed to on a 500 image collection.
>
> Cheers,
> Wolfgang
> --
> Dr. Wolfgang Mueller
> LS Medieninformatik
> Universitaet Bamberg
Wolfgang:

i'm still reviewing the last patch to make it work on my machine..

basically, if in gabor.c, if you change either the x or the y variable from a
uint32_t to a uint64_t, it starts magically working.

no, i've no idea. i'm still fighting this one. but after that, it magically
starts working, on my machine.

Julia Longtin <address@hidden>