help-global

Re: global -u : update tags

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: global -u : update tags
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 23:12:25 +0900

> The main problem is that "global -u" does NOT do an incremental update
> for files already tagged using gtags -f gatgs-files. It tags ALL files
> in that directory.
>
> The problem is, for example, that I keep certain gnus files in my
> .emacs.d. I generate a small GTAGS using "gtags -f gtags.files" BUT when
> I save a .el file the onsave for emacs-lisp calls "global -u" which tags
> ALL files in .emacs.d. Is this clearer?

Would you please confirm the file name is 'gtags.files'?
If it is correct, would you please do it without emacs?
If it brings the same problem, it may be a bug.

> >> Q2) can one only *include* certain wildcard patters via the .globalrc?
> >
> > Sorry but I cannot understand what you are saying.
> > Would you please explain it for example?
>
> How do I tell global only to tag *.el and *.org for example from the config
> file?

You can do it using the langmap. Please see the online manual.
The langmap has the same format as the one of Exuberant Ctags.
--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden>
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3