Re: [Help-glpk] Re: How to determine which algorithm was used for my pro

From: Brady Hunsaker
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Re: How to determine which algorithm was used for my problem file?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:26:47 -0500

address@hidden wrote:
> --- Michael Hennebry <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>>The impressed one certainly didn't give enough
>>information to cause an inference that it was hard.
>

> I would like to know the algorithm that glpk used for
> my problem, not whether my problem is hard.
>
> Is there more info I could give to help answer this
> question?
>
>      -dp-

GLPK has three algorithms, each with a number of parameters.

The default algorithm for an integer program is branch-and-bound using a
simplex algorithm to solve the LP subproblems.  I believe that your
problem had integer variables, so that was the algorithm used.

For linear programs (no integer variables), GLPK has a simplex algorithm
and an interior-point algorithm.  The simplex algorithm is used by
default; you must tell GLPK explicitly if you want it to use the
interior-point algorithm.

Brady

--
Brady Hunsaker