[Help-glpk] numerical instability

From: Andrew Walbran
Subject: [Help-glpk] numerical instability
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:09:05 +1300

Hi
I am working on building an LP model of an electricity market. I had a model
that ran in about 20 seconds. After changing some of the input data, I ran it
again, and this time GLPK kept giving the message:
'spx_simplex: numerical instability (primal simplex, phase II)'
and took much longer to run.

What does this message mean, and is there anything I can do about it to make
my model run faster?

I am using GLPK 4.8. A copy of some of the output from GLPK is attached.

--
Andrew Walbran
website: http://user.interface.org.nz/~andrew/