[Help-glpk] Simplex based or interior point based solvers???

From: Eduardo Valdivieso
Subject: [Help-glpk] Simplex based or interior point based solvers???
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:32:03 +0400

Hello,

My name is Eduardo Valdivieso.  I am a research student at Purdue University
and I am new to Linear Programming and the solvers used to find their
solutions.  I was wondering what the difference between Solvers that use
Interior point methods to solve their solutions and the Solvers that are based
on the Simplex algorithm.  I know the general overview of both algorithms, and
I can guess that it all depends on the type of problem, but is there a good
overview of the two kinds of solvers that can help assist me with my problem.
I am looking for a good solver that can assist me with solving 0/1 ILP's on the
order of hundreds to thousands of variables...  We are still in the process of
coming up with our constraint equations, too.  And I am thinking that there
will be many of them.  That's all I can describe for now.  Thanks for your help.