Re: [Help-glpk] MathProg and column sequencing

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] MathProg and column sequencing
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:42:32 +0300

> When I in MathProg generate a variable xxx[aaa,bbb] and use
> *lpx_read_model, can I trust that the column name generated  for this
> variable in in the callable library will be just that, namely xxx[aaa,bbb]?

Yes, with the only exception: if aaa (or bbb) contains any special
characters (i.e. not from the set: + - . 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9), it is
enclosed in single quotes: "xxx['aaa','bbb']".

You can determine the generated names using the routine lpx_print_prob,
which writes the problem instance to a text file in a printable format.