Re: [Help-glpk] XML Result Output from glpsol

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] XML Result Output from glpsol
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 19:20:05 +0400

> I tried to do something with Ceron's sample
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-glpk2/

> This problem comes from Operations Research: Applications and
> Algorithms, 4th Edition, by Wayne L. Winston (Thomson, 2004).

> try:
> glpsol -m diet_problem_xml.mod -y output.xml

In 4.15 you can redirect the output in the printf statement, e.g.

   param file, symbolic, := 'foo.txt';

   printf ... > file;
   printf ... >> file;

see also the example 'graph.mod'.

>> and I am looking for
>> something to parse the result of optimisation from glpsol.
>> It will be easier if the output will by in XML format. Are there any
>> library to parse it ?

In principle, it is quite easy to provide glpk with an api routine
for writing the solution in xml format.

AFAIK, there were attempts to adapt xml for coding lp/mip data; see
the paper "LPFML: A W3C XML Schema for Linear Programming"
http://www.optimization-online.org/DB_HTML/2004/02/817.html

However, I am not sure if there is a similar format for coding lp/mip
solution.

Andrew Makhorin