Re: [Help-glpk] Setting Constarints

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Setting Constarints
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 16:20:39 +0400

>   I do understand that I should write all the constraints in one
> go, but the moment I introduce a second constraint, however simple
> the constraint may be, it just throws up a error which I am unable
> to fix.
>    I have gone through about 20 examples of using glpsol and some
> how Iam unable to get it working.
>   The constraint that I would like to set is
> s.t  cons1 : sum { i in FOOD : i  <> 1 and i<> 2 and i <= 3 } h[i]
> >= 5.6 ;

Aha, now it is understood.

You cannot use 1, 2, 3 as values of i, because these values are not
in FOOD:

set FOOD := SMP Maltrodexin WPC SPI Sugar Inulin Coco MaltEx Fat VM MM;

Instead you should write something like i != 'SMP' and i != 'Sugar', etc.

It is better to define another set like this:

set FOOD2 := SMP Sugar ... ;

and use it in the predicate:

s.t  cons1 : sum { i in FOOD : i not in FOOD2 } h[i] >= 5.6 ;