[Help-glpk] how to read glpk output

From: Andy Zhu
Subject: [Help-glpk] how to read glpk output
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:50:17 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All:

I have an MIP problem solved with glpk. However the result shows only suboptimal because I can manully find a solution have better result. I see something in output I didn't understand:

when I run glpsol with --wfreemap, glpsol solves problem and give the problem in free mps format. The glpsol says "(LP) optimal solution found and integer optimal solution found" (senario 1). However, when I run glpsol using the generated mps file (senario 2), it says:

PROBLEM HAS NO DUAL FEASIBLE SOLUTION
lpx_integer: optimal solution of LP relaxation required

So, do these 2 senarios differ? why? How do I improve to get optimal MIP solution?

(side note: when I run this mps with lp_solve, it also say
This problem is unbounded
which seems agree with senario 2).

Thanks in advance.

Andy