Re: [Help-glpk] How to switch GUSEK to GLPK or C in order to indicate th

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] How to switch GUSEK to GLPK or C in order to indicate the progress and performance of algorithm.
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 03:25:49 +0300

> Now,I #39;m using GUSEK to solve my problem and it works so well.But
> the problem is I want to get the value of each node from the very
> first step until we get the optimal solution which is the last step (I
> want to get visualization output with value so I will be able to
> know how it works step by step) .

Glpk mip solver does not support step-by-step mode. Sorry.

> I want to convert what I have done in
> GUSEK to be C languague or in GLPK format but don #39;t know how to do
> it though(From GUSEK menu bar, I did go to --> Language-->properties
> then I have got "gmpl.properties")  .Plese kindly give me a suggestion
> what I should do?

You cannot convert mathprog model to C source code, because mathprog
is a non-procedural interpreted language. However, you can convert
your model to mps or cplex lp format.

>  and How can I hook the BAK(branch and bound analysis
> kit) in GLPK ?

Currently such a feature is not supported.

> Now,I #39;m using GUSEK on window.Do I need to change my OS to be
> Linux (Debian or Ubantu) for better outcome?

AFAIK, on a Linux machine you can use Wine to run Gusek.