Re: [Help-glpk] adding --csv output

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] adding --csv output
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 05:17:17 +1300 (NZDT)

Hi Reg, hello list

> --- On Fri, 1/14/11, Robbie Morrison <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> If you would like to post some representative 'awk'
>> scripts to this list, then I will add them to the GLPK
>> wikibook.
>
> Robbie,
>
> I don't have anything suitable.  My scientific work
> revolves around analyzing large oil & gas exploration
> datasets.  So far the only thing I've used glpk for is
> a basis pursuit problem.  And the setup for that is
> severely ugly and uninstructive.
>
> However, I'll be happy to write a few examples if
> someone sends me some output from glpsol.  I've done
> this for a great many people over the years and have
> noted a consistent result.  After the first 5-6
> examples I rarely get additional requests.  By that
> point they have something close enough to what they
> need that they can write their own as the need arises.
>
> NB if you send me a file, please include it as a plain
> ASCII text file attachment.  That will make it easier
> for me to save.
>
> Have Fun!
> Reg

Hi Reg

My optimization problems are buried under a
mountain of C++, rarely see the light of day, and
have horrible machine generated names ...

I hunted thru the wikibook for some representative
output, but most of the stuff there is too small or
fragmented to be of interest.

Maybe some of the smaller example problems shipped
with GLPK would suffice for this task.

Otherwise perhaps someone else on the list could
oblige?

thanks
Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]