Re: [Fwd: Re: [Help-glpk] ANNOUNCEMENT: OptimJ solver link for GLPK/Java

From: Nigel Galloway
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Help-glpk] ANNOUNCEMENT: OptimJ solver link for GLPK/Java]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:46:44 +0100

OptimJ does not link to glpk. To use glpk you download an examples set which
includes a directory 'OptimJ samples - GLPK Binaries' which contains a compiled
glpk 4.36 dll and a java jar file. The source to produce the java jar file is
included in 'OptimJ 1.3.10 samples - GLPK\OptimJ samples - GLPK
Binaries\src\com\ateji\optimj\glpkliba\LibraryLoader.java'. All the code and
information to upgrade to glpk 4.45 is openly available.

A better implementation would be if OptimJ provided an 'abstract java
interface' which worked with any complient implementation, which could include
glpk-java (using swig) or iajaar (not using swig) or their example (not using
swig).