Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK wikibook : newish solution information page

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK wikibook : newish solution information page
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 17:28:40 +0400

> The issue is that many (I would argue most) users of linear programming
>  know "weak duality", "strong duality" and "complementary slackness".
>  They do not know "KKT" conditions.
>
> The wiki article should use terminology that everyone knows, at least
>  it should use both sets of terminology.

        "What's in a name? That which we call a rose
        By any other name would smell as sweet."
                W.Shakespeare, "Romeo and Juliet"

Probably Robbie could add a note that "the term KKT or KT conditions
comes from non-linear programming, and in case of LP it means the same
as necessary and sufficient optimality conditions for global optimum".