Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK wikibook : newish solution information page

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK wikibook : newish solution information page
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 01:40:42 +1200 (NZST)

Hello Marc, Andrew, and the list more generally

To:          Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>
From:       "Meketon, Marc" <address@hidden>
Date:        Fri, 6 May 2011 08:02:21 -0500

> The issue is that many (I would argue most) users of
> linear programming know "weak duality", "strong
> duality" and "complementary slackness".  They do not
> know "KKT" conditions.
>
> The wiki article should use terminology that everyone
> knows, at least it should use both sets of
> terminology.

I am more than happy to draft up a new subsection that
covers Marc's point about an alternative yet common
treatment regarding optimality testing.  But I rather
think that the wikibook should stick close to GLPK
documentation, particularly when explaining matters of
usage and interpretation.

I won't add that material to the wikipage for a week or
so or until most of the posting are in.

with best wishes, Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]