[Help-glpk] [Fwd: RE: optimality conditions paragraph (KKT and LP formul

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: RE: optimality conditions paragraph (KKT and LP formulations)]
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 19:20:40 +0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Robert Fourer <address@hidden>
To: 'GLPK help' <address@hidden>
Cc: 'Andrew Makhorin' <address@hidden>, 'Robbie Morrison'
<address@hidden>
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] optimality conditions paragraph (KKT and LP
formulations)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:09:29 -0500

I have been watching this thread and have grown concerned that some serious
errors are creeping in.  So as a start I have made several corrections that
I hope you will not mind.  In particular I would note that: (1) the
optimality condition for LP is strong duality, not weak duality; (2)
complementary slackness is the special case of the KKT conditions when
applied to linear programming, but strong duality is a different condition
that is specific to LP; (3) neither of these optimality conditions is
applicable to mixed-integer programming.

Bob Fourer
address@hidden