Re: [Help-glpk] Solution Ranking

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Solution Ranking
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 03:02:45 +1200 (NZST)

Hi Terry

To:          address@hidden
From:        Terry <address@hidden>
Date:        Wed, 25 May 2011 20:39:00 -0500

> I guess the answer is no:
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Modeling_tips#All_optimal_solutions
>
> That's disappointing. The suggestion is to add a
> constraint to make the optimal solution infeasible
> and run it again. I'm afraid that is too inefficient
> for my application. Imagine it had generated half the
> search tree and then you have to throw that away and
> start over. Bummer.

Point taken.

Are you using MathProg, some generated low level
problem format, or the GLPK APIs?  The options change
markedly depending on your relationship to the solver.

> The main GLPK page says I should use this list to
> request an enhancement. Please consider this a
> request.

> I will look into using Symphony:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2010-01/msg00171.html

Some more information about your problem might
also help.

> Any other suggestions?

A little more tact perhaps .. this is an entirely
volunteer project.  :)

> Thanks.
> Terry

If you do find anything useful, can you post it back
here for possible inclusion in the wikibook.  TIA.

cheers Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Institute for Energy Engineering (IET)
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]