Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Re: GLPK installation]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Re: GLPK installation]
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 23:42:09 +0400

> Hi, I verified that these settings are correct.

I don't think so.

Did you notice the following error message:

"The specified configuration type is missing.  The tools for the
configuration might not be installed." ?

>  I am still not getting it installed. I guess the error is while
> running the batch file: it says 'cl.exe' is not recognized as internal
> or external command, operable program or batch file. NMAKE: fatal
> error U1077 : 'cl.exe' : return code '0x1'

cl.exe is called by the nmake utility (which is part of MSVS), not by
the batch file.

> Please help me regarding this.

Probably you don't have 64-bit MSVS installed. If you are using 32-bit
MSVS, you should run the batch script from the directory glpk/w32, not
from glpk/w64.

Try compile any simple C program using the MSVS command-line compiler.
If you can do that, you will be able to compile glpk.