[Help-glpk] Generate data section files for model (in GNU MathProg or ot

From: Tony Khosravi
Subject: [Help-glpk] Generate data section files for model (in GNU MathProg or other languages)
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 17:13:36 +0200

Hi,

I would like to know if it was possible to generate any data files in the GNU MathProg format with the GLPK lib.

When I am talking about data file, I mean the data section of model data. The aim would be to be able to generate many text files containing only the data section so that they can be used later with the solver and a file containing only the model section. I didn't find any thing like that.

My thought is now to try to implement a general lib to generate sets or parameters in a text file according to the documentation gmpl, but I was wondering it this had been done before (which might be probable).

I also had the idea of using the table statement with the CSV driver, but apparently, it cannot be used in the data section, only in the model section, and I don't want to touch the file with the model. The aim is to keep the data section separate from the model section.

--
Tony Khosravi Dehkourdi

MSc. Student - Computer Systems
Linköping University
Elève ingénieur -- Génie Informatique, Systèmes et Réseaux d'Informations (GI06)
Université de Technologie de Compiègne

Tel:+46 7 60 69 51 57