Re: Sending mail

From: sen_ml
Subject: Re: Sending mail
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:21:16 +0900 (JST)

From: Francesco Scaglioni <fgs@epulse.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:59:23 GMT

> For what my 2p is worth.  I played with rmail and vm and in the end
> settled on mew (mew.org)- which seems great - and would probably be
> even better if I spent some time playing with config a little more.

fwiw, Mew is about to become [1] a fair bit "cleaner" w.r.t. what you
have to install [2] and where the configuration information lives.

i would wait for the next stable version to be released -- i say this
after spending half my weekend migrating to a pseudo-beta version.

another emacs-based mailer to consider is Wanderlust:

  http://www.gohome.org/wl/

i've used both Wanderlust and Mew with good results.

[1] when 1.95 (next stable version) comes out
[2] no more IM!