How to use crypt++.el with gnupg.

From: Niranjan Rao
Subject: How to use crypt++.el with gnupg.
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:45:42 -0400

Hello,

I downloaded crypt++.el version 2.89 as I saw references saying that it
works with gnupg. I have gnupg version 1.0.6. If I try to open an encrypted
file with, crypt correctly senses that file is encrypted and asks me for the
password however fails to decode the file properly - that is to say that
buffer contents are garbage.

Does crytp++.el work with file encryption for gnupg for file
encryption/decryption and do I have to make some more settings to get this
running ?

I went through the crypt++.el file and tried the command line which I think
crypt must be building to decode the file. From command prompt it works
fine. However I noticed something interesting. The "decrypted" file
displayed in the buffer does not change regardless of whether gpg was in the
path or not. If gpg.exe could not be located in the path crypt does not
display any error or warning. So I am thinking that crypt is not able to
execute gpg. I tried giving complete path to the executable with no avail.
Is there to check out the command that crypt is executing to decrypt the
file ?

Additionally there any way to pass recipient id to gnupg (-r flag for gnupg)
without changing crypt source file ?

I am using GNU Emacs 20.7.1 (i386-*-nt4.0.1381) of Tue Jun 13 2000 on buffy
on NT 4.0.

Thanks for any help,

- Niranjan