RE: TAGS in win32 emacs

From: Shai Kamin
Subject: RE: TAGS in win32 emacs
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:48:38 -0500

to create TAGS files on a Windows system, you need to run etags.exe which is
supposed to be in your 'bin' directory of emacs.

You can get the Emacs source tarball emacs-20.7.tar.gz from
ftp.gnu.org and its mirrors.  There you will find a directory
emacs-20.7/src.  The TAGS file doesn't exist, but I guess "make tags"
might help -- at least on a Unix system.  Not sure how to create the
TAGS file on a Windows system.

For finding my way around *.el files, I like to use M-x find-function
RET.

But tags are very useful for other kinds of code -- C code, Perl code,

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory