Re: Renameing many filenames

From: Florian Sukup
Subject: Re: Renameing many filenames
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 21:04:48 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > For example, if a file is named:
> > long_filename_as_eyample and I want to replace y and x,
> > I only want to go to the filename in the buffer und
> > type x making long_filename_as_example.
>
> See the node "Transforming File Names" in the Emacs manual, it
> documents the Dired commands that allow you to do this.

Thank you, I think, I will use this feature in the future. But it doesn't meet
excactly this problem. Each file has to be edited individually.

Why do I need this? I produced a lot of pictures with my digital camera when I
was on holiday. I have to rename them to know what they are showing. In this
way filenames are becoming very long which I still have to edit.

Could there be any other solution?

Florian