Re: command for saving a rectangle to kill ring?

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: command for saving a rectangle to kill ring?
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:06:35 +0200

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 15:46:40 -0700, Chris Fuchs <chris.fuchs@BCHydro.bc.ca>
wrote:

> Is there a dedicated command of saving a 'rectangle' to the kill ring - ie
> without having to kill it to get into the ring ring and then yanking it
> back in?

There is no such command in Emacs 20.7 (though it should be fairly easy
to write one) but if I'm guessing your intent right, you can use the
following commands pair for achieving copy+paste:
    copy-rectangle-to-register (instead of copying to kill ring)
    insert-register            (instead of yanking)

Ehud

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-7966-561 Fax: +972-3-7966-667   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign