Re: newbie question

From: Josh McKinney
Subject: Re: newbie question
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:18:07 -0500

On approximately Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 07:40:37PM +0200, Daniel Wetterbro wrote:
> Emacs contains an embedded documentationsystem (reached through C-h).
> I suggest you start by reading the tutorial by doing "C-h t". This
> means you shall hold down the control key and press h, release both
> keys and type t. Here's some commands to get you going:

A very invaluable reference I have used to learn emacs is the reference cards
that are available.  Go to refcards.com or search around on the net.  I
downloaded it in postscript and then used Psnup to print it up on just 2 pages.
Worked great, and it is now a permanent part of my desk. 8)

Josh
--
Linux, the choice                | While you recently had your problems on the
of a GNU generation       -o)    | run, they've regrouped and are making