Re: Zoom on a buffer

From: Alexandre Brillant
Subject: Re: Zoom on a buffer
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:17:09 +0100

Thank for all previous response and particulary for your response which is exactly what I need.

Alexandre Brillant
http://www.djefer.com

Greg Hill wrote:

Alexandre,

Try putting something like:

    (defun zoom-in () (interactive)
      (window-configuration-to-register ?z)
      (delete-other-windows)
      (global-set-key [?\C-z] 'zoom-out))

    (defun zoom-out () (interactive)
      (jump-to-register ?z)
      (global-set-key [?\C-z] 'zoom-in))

    (global-set-key [?\C-z] 'zoom-in)

in your .emacs file. Then you can use Control-Z to toggle back and forth.

If you want, you could use this same basic approach for saving several different configurations that you like to switch back and forth among. Just use a different register for each configuration.

See chapter 10 of the GNU Emacs Manual for a discussion of Registers. See section 28.17 of the GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual for a discussion of Window Configurations.

--Greg