Using default-frame-alist vs set functions change font-lock colors

From: Scott Goldstein
Subject: Using default-frame-alist vs set functions change font-lock colors
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:52:46 -0800 (PST)

Recently, I tried changing:

(set-background-color "black") ; background
(set-foreground-color "white") ; foreground
(set-cursor-color "white") ; cursor

to:

(setq default-frame-alist
      '((menu-bar-lines . 1)
        (foreground-color . "white")
        (background-color . "black")
        (cursor-color . "white")))

At first, it seemed to work.  However, when I opened
up a file that contained syntax highlighting, all the
highlights we're different colors.

I'm using the NT port of version 20.7 on Windows 2000.

Any reason why this would happen? Note that I also
have font-lock-maximum-decoration set to true.

Thanks for the help.

Scott