Re: trailing whitespace visible on some buffers

From: Luis O. Silva
Subject: Re: trailing whitespace visible on some buffers
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:55:15 +0400

Dear Karl,

Thank you for your message (Sat, 14 Sep 2002 20:56:23 +0200),
in which, among other things, you wrote:

   Karl> "Luis O. Silva" <silva@paloma.spbu.ru> writes:

   Edward> Untested.
   >>
   >> Well, I've tested it and, unfortunately, it doesn't work for
   >> me. I don't understand why it doesn't work, since your
   >> suggestion seems to be appropriate (given my limited knowledge
   >> of lisp).

   Karl> E.g., it's "Info-mode-hook" (note the upper case letter)...

Yes, after testing Edward's suggestion I found that the problem
was that I was using incorrect mode hook names.

   Karl> (add-hook 'Info-mode-hook
   Karl>           (lambda ()
   Karl>            ;; (define-key Info-mode-map "=" 'delete-other-windows)
   Karl>            ;; (define-key Info-mode-map "1" 'delete-other-windows)
   Karl>            (setq show-trailing-whitespace nil)))

Thanks to you I've solved my problem with *info* (thanks to
Edward I solved it for *diary*). It remains the
*calendar*. I've probed some mode hook names (including
calendar-load-hook) without success. Are there some
suggestions on this?

Thank you very much
luis

--