Re: cvs problem

From: Cor Gest
Subject: Re: cvs problem
Date: 20 Sep 2002 12:44:19 +0000

Karl Schmid <schmid@ice.mpg.de> writes:

> You have no controlling tty.  Cannot read passphrase.
> cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any)
>
> This error obviously has something to do with the CVS and ssh settings.
>

> My conclusion is that some of the Emacs settings on this machine must be
> incorrect. I have browsed through newsgroups and the manuals, but have not
> found a solution.
>
> Has anyone an idea where I should start troubleshooting or even a
> *solution*?

these work in my setup for both local and external cvs-servers

(add-hook 'comint-output-filter-function
          'comint-watch-for-password-prompt)

(setq vc-default-back-end 'cvs)

the password is read from the .cvspass file

cor

--
                   Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
begin  AsciiTextFound.exe             Are You Sure ?          YES|IGNORE|GO