Re: question impossible

From: Jonas Steverud
Subject: Re: question impossible
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 11:22:28 +0200

Raimund.Kohl@freenet.de writes:

> If I want to open a file
> via the bookmarks command (C-x r b) emacs answers
>
> "Invalid read syntax: ". in wrong context"

>From the Emacs info file, Bookmarks node:
"[Bookmarks] persist automatically from one Emacs session to the next"

In the same node:
"your default bookmark file, `~/.emacs.bmk'"

I would suspect that the bookmarks file is damaged. Either open it in
Emacs and look and see if you can find the problem (probably '".' in
the wrong place, as the error message says) or delete it.

> What's that saying and how can I change that? I searched my .emacs file
> about it and found, that it didn't hold any text - instead a whole bunch
> of cryptic whatsoever.

Was it plain elisp or some very strange letters? In the latter case it
might be so that it got byte compiled on the way.

--
(          www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/         !     Wei Wu Wei     )
(        Meaning of U2 Lyrics, Roleplaying        !  To Do Without Do  )