Re: question impossible

From: Raimund . Kohl
Subject: Re: question impossible
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:53:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Jonas Steverud wrote:

> I would suspect that the bookmarks file is damaged.

yep, your're right - that's what emacs comlains about when it is called up
for the first time. I looked it up and found it's still there, but with a
whole bunch of "@" signs - the same way, the .emacs file looked before I
renewed it. I deletet .emacs.bmk

But - oh my goodness! - there seem to be more mishaps! First, emacs is
much slower than before, and 2nd - I just realized that I can't print
anymore - the job gets send to the printerspooler but doesn't come any
further. The message in lpq says:

status: IF filter 'if' filter msg - 'unable to write to output, fd=9,
count=113: Broken pipe'

Does this all makes any sense to you? Is there a chance to come back to
normality? <sigh>

ray