Q: How to suppress display of macro execution?

From: Martin Cohen
Subject: Q: How to suppress display of macro execution?
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 12:24:57 -0700

I am running emacs 21.2 in cygwin under windows 2000.

When a keyboard macro is repeatedly executed (by preceding
the c-x e with esc 0), the execution is displayed as it goes.
This can take a long time if the macro is executed many times.

How can I turn off the display of the executions and show
only the result at the end (when I get the message about
"Keyboard macro terminated by a command ringing the bell")?

I searched the faq and did a google search, but did not find
an answer to this.

Thanks

Martin Cohen