Re: cperl-mode "fatigue"

From: Matt Armstrong
Subject: Re: cperl-mode "fatigue"
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:58:24 -0700

In article <apkei9$j2q$1@reader1.panix.com>, Da Witch wrote:

> I've noticed that sometimes, especially after I have been editing a
> buffer for a long time, or if I try to use "qw( ... )", cperl-mode
> begins to show signs of "fatigue" (for lack of a better word).  For
> example, syntax-based highlighting stops, and everything I type
> appears in the default foreground text color; or else everything
> appears in the color reserved for quoted strings.
>
> Is there a way to fix this problem?

I see the same kind of thing.  I just make note of the line I'm on and
C-x C-v <ret> to reload the file again.

If it is annoying enough to you, it should be possible to write a
function to do that for you.  Call it cperl-rest or something.

> PS: How can I figure out what version of cperl-mode I have?  Our
> system has the cperl-mode.elc file only, and I don't know how to
> determine the version from it.

M-x describe-variable <ret> cperl-version

But that may not be present.  I see that in Emacs 21's cperl-mode.el.

--
matt