Re: any Emacs features to help keep code/comments under 80 columns width

From: ken
Subject: Re: any Emacs features to help keep code/comments under 80 columns width?
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 18:26:38 -0500 (EST)

Kai,

What you say makes sense now that I think about it.  I can't remember
who it was who gave me the advice... I've been using it for years.
Haven't had a problem.

--
AMD crashes?  See http://cleveland.lug.net/~ken/amd-problem/.

Kai Großjohann at 18:19 (UTC+0100) on Sat, 30 Nov 2002 said:

= ken <ken@cleveland.lug.net> writes:
=
= > (setq text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)
=
= Don't do that!  (At least, don't advise others to do it.)
=
= In general, a mode hook can contain many functions, and usually one
= wants to add a function (or, more rarely, remove one).  Therefore,
= add-hook (and possibly remove-hook) is your friend.
=
= (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)
=
=