Re: AUC-TeX: jump to source position of warning

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Re: AUC-TeX: jump to source position of warning
Date: 29 Dec 2002 18:59:43 +0100

KG> David Kastrup <David.Kastrup@t-online.de> writes:
>> Is C-c C-w what you want?

KG> Ah, after some time, I finally found out that C-c C-w indeed makes
KG> C-c ` stop at the right spots.  However, it also stops at overfull
KG> hboxes, and I have too many of those...

Talking about too many warning stops: In certain cases when using PDFLaTeX
auctex's C-c ` stops at an error and shows the file pdftex.cfg
rather than the latex source file. Very annoying. This happens especially
when you have got duplicate bookmarks with the hyperref package, e.g.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\begin{document}
\begin{titlepage}
  Test
\end{titlepage}
Some text
\end{document}

An while I am complaining:
I would like auctex to recognize that I am using PDFLaTeX rather than
LaTeX and then:

- check the .pdf file rather than the .dvi file.
- Offer a different viewer for the pdf file
- switch to PDFLaTeX for the default command

I am willing to look into this but I wonder if anyone else has already
done something to get this working.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>