Re: reading the C source of Emacs

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: reading the C source of Emacs
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:26:24 +0100

Oliver Scholz <alkibiades@gmx.de> writes:

> I have just taught myself the very first baby steps of C. I want to
> read and understand the C sources of Emacs.

Wow.  An admirable goal.  I do not understand the C sources of Emacs.
Amazingly, this has not stopped me from doing modifications here and
there.  (Or was it only here?  Yes, I think it was only one -- minor!
-- modification.)

And I agree with David that it might be useful to do an on-demand
kind of learning, rather than trying to just grok everything.

Is there anything that you had in mind modifying in the long term?
Maybe you could turn your plan around: start with the modification
that you wanted to postpone until you understood.
--
Ambibibentists unite!