Re: What's wrong with value?

From: Greg Hill
Subject: Re: What's wrong with value?
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:07:14 -0800

At 9:44 PM +0100 2/6/03, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
<snip>
If  you used  eval-region, ok,  I  too get  :toto.  But  with C-x  C-e
(ie. eval-last-sexp), ...
<snip>

Pascal,

The problem does not appear in Emacs-20.3, even for eval-last-sexp.

At first I couldn't replicate it in Emacs-21.2 either. But then I tried starting Emacs with the -q command line option, and was finally able to see it happen. I tracked down the difference to the presence of:

(when (> emacs-major-version 20)
  (setq-default eval-expression-debug-on-error nil))

in my .emacs file, which prevents the problem from appearing.

--Greg