Re: X-Symbol => Can't save LaTeX files anymore

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: X-Symbol => Can't save LaTeX files anymore
Date: 10 Feb 2003 20:30:27 +0100

"Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee@inka.de> writes:

> today, I installed X-Symbol 4.45 on a SuSE 8.1 system running EMACS
> 21.2.1. As far as I can tell the install went almost fine (no x-symbol
> error messages in *Messages* other than the one explained below, and
> displaying symbols works). However, I can't save LaTeX files anymore.
> Here's the error message I get upon hitting C-x C-s:
>   x-symbol-write-file-hook: Symbol's function definition is void:
>   continue-save-buffer
>
> Any ideas what might be causing this?

How about making the life of Christoph Wedler easier by asking with
the help of the
M-x x-symbol-package-bug RET
command?  That will give him some more information, too.

I am sure that this would improve your chances for a competent fix
rather than letting him hunt through Usenet groups for incomplete
information.