X-Symbol => Can't save LaTeX files anymore

From: Felix E. Klee
Subject: X-Symbol => Can't save LaTeX files anymore
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:14:00 +0100

Hi,

today, I installed X-Symbol 4.45 on a SuSE 8.1 system running EMACS
21.2.1. As far as I can tell the install went almost fine (no x-symbol
error messages in *Messages* other than the one explained below, and
displaying symbols works). However, I can't save LaTeX files anymore.
Here's the error message I get upon hitting C-x C-s:
  x-symbol-write-file-hook: Symbol's function definition is void:
  continue-save-buffer

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Felix