Proplem with pc-selection-mode and S-insert

From: Anders Baumann
Subject: Proplem with pc-selection-mode and S-insert
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 21:39:29 +0100

I have a problem with "pc-selection-mode" in Emacs.
I cannot seem to make S-insert work properly. When I press S-insert and I
have marked a region, the text in the kill ring should overwrite/replace
the marked region, but it does not. Instead the text in the kill ring is
inserted next to the text in the region. If I want to overwrite the region
I have to use M-y.

"Delete-selection-mode" is turned on. If I mark a region and starts
writing, the marked region will be overwritten.

I hope there is an Emacs expert that has an explanation to this
annoying little problem.

Thanks,

Anders Baumann