Can I make the assumption that xemacs .el files work with emacs?

From: Craig Jennings
Subject: Can I make the assumption that xemacs .el files work with emacs?
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:27:02 -0800

Hi All,

So, not being familiar with the differences between xemacs and emacs,
I downloaded the javascript-mode.el and began playing with it.

The assumption that I'd LIKE to make is that all .el files that work
with xemacs will also work with emacs. I see no reason to think
otherwise, but I thought I'd ask.

-- Craig