RE: emacs windows load path

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: emacs windows load path
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:43:22 -0600

On Saturday, March 29, 2003 1:09 PM Chris wrote:

>With emacs 21 on Windows, is there a way to get the load-path behavior
>work as it does in Linux. Specifically, I have this in my linux .emacs:
>

>;; Add Personal lisp files to load path
>(add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp")
>

>Which gets all the files in ~/elisp and all subdirectories. On Windows,

>however, it seems that I have to specifically add every subdirectory in
my
>~/elisp directory or else Emacs doesn't see them. Why?

That is curious, I run Emacs on unix and on windows and the load path
acts just the same as on both, only the directories specified in the
path are searched.  You may want to check out what the Elisp manual says
about load-path and subdirectories, (if you do not have it installed
see:
http://www.gnu.org/manual/elisp-manual-21-2.8/html_mono/elisp.html).

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    HP - NonStop Austin Software & Services - Software Quality
Assurance
.    Austin, TX
. "Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
.  Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire."     -Dr. George W.
Crane-