Re: What did you do with Emacs!!!!!

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: What did you do with Emacs!!!!!
Date: 09 Apr 2003 10:36:07 +0200

Lee Sau Dan <danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de> writes:

>     David> A detail worth mentioning.  Is there an advantage of using
>     David> a window environment at all in that case?  I would imagine
>     David> that it would not buy you anything over a pure tty Emacs.
>
> pure tty Emacs is windowed.  Ctrl-x 2 and you'll see 2 windows.

What exactly about "window environment" do you not understand?  It is
pretty much a standing term.

> Please don't equate "window" (and "easy of use")

"easy of use"?  Whatever you say.  BTW, the original poster quite
clearly stated that he removed images from his Emacs configuration.
He could even more easily remove non-tty support, but obviously chose
not to.  I asked him as the involved person without sight for the
reason, and all you can think of is a tirade.

> with those resource-wasting high-calorie content eye-candies.

> And don't get me wrong, I'm not blind nor colour-blind.

Yet you presume to answer for a blind person that has chosen to
compile Emacs with X support.