Re: Major mode for bash shell scripts?

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: Major mode for bash shell scripts?
Date: 11 Apr 2003 15:43:30 +0200

    Kevin> Klaus Zeitler wrote:
    >> I had to tweak a few variables to change it to e.g.
    >> if [ ... ]
    >> then
    >> fi
    Kevin> Could you post your variable settings?  Thanks!

(setq sh-indent-for-then 0)
(setq sh-indent-for-do 0)
(setq sh-indent-after-do '+)
(setq sh-indent-for-case-label '*)
(setq sh-indent-for-case-alt '+)
(setq sh-indent-comment t)

results in the following layout:

if [ ... ]
then
else
fi

while/for ...
do
done

case ... in
  a)
    ;;
  *)
esac

and comments will be aligned with the code.

I have one OT question: My last followups to gnu.emacs.bug didn't show up.
Is it not possible anymore to post directly to gnu.emacs.bug and do I
have to send followups to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org instead?

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
---
You can't start worrying about what's going to happen. You get spastic
enough worrying about what's happening now.           -- Lauren Bacall