Re: prefix line with number WAS: Are Windows-Emacs' scrollbars broken?

From: John Kliff Jochens
Subject: Re: prefix line with number WAS: Are Windows-Emacs' scrollbars broken?
Date: 13 Apr 2003 06:16:44 -0300

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 05:03, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> John Kliff Jochens <jk-listas@bol.com.br> writes:
>
> > Now that you mentioned it, how can I have each line of the buffer
> > prefixed with its number? All I managed to do was to show on the line
> > with the file name (and etc), as well as the column, but I'd preffer to
> > have the line shown at the begginig of line.
>
> There is a file setnu.el (or set-nu.el) floating about on the Net
> somewhere.

Thanks a lot.
It worked just fine but, as I tried to do as indicated to have it
working automatically (indicated on the .el file itself)

[added to .emacs]

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-setnu-mode)

I got the following error on running emacs:
"Symbol's function definition is void: turn-on-setnu-mode"

M-x turn-on-setnu-mode doesn't work neither.

As I'm no lisp connaisseur, I am a little lost :)
Can you help me find a workaround to get it working automatically?

thanks inadvance.

--
John Kliff Jochens <jk-listas@bol.com.br>