no characters

From: Aydos juca
Subject: no characters
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:58:16 -0300

Hi,

I am running Debian Woody and Gnome 1.4 and I just installed emacs21 and the problem is:

When I start emacs I get a message:

Warning: Cannot convert string "-*-helvetica-medium-r-*--*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct

and all I can see on the emacs screen are empty blocks instead of characters. The menus characters are ok, but all characters on the screen appear in form of an empty square. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks. Carlos