Re: Creating a "shortcut" key for "C-c C-"

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Creating a "shortcut" key for "C-c C-"
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:15:45 +0200

Bill Clementson <bc19191@attbi.com> writes:

> I don't want to create a new keybinding for a command, I just want to be
> able to indicate that a specific key will "globally" replace the "C-c
> C-" portion of already defined major mode commands.

Whee.  It's easy to replace the "C-c" portion, but there is no easy
way to replace the "C-c C-" portion.  A modifier is quite closely
connected with the corresponding key.

Maybe it works to do

(global-set-key (kbd "<f4>") (kbd "C-c C-x @ c"))

The C-x @ c portion is event-apply-control-modifier.  But I've never
tried this.  I wonder if this approach does anything at all.

It would, however, be kinda cool.  When I use viper mode, I use
bindings starting with z that are similar to the standard C-x
bindings.  Now, many C-x bindings are of the form C-x a through C-x z
rather than C-x C-a through C-x C-z.  But if I wanted to do the same
for C-c bindings (for a major mode), then I'm in trouble -- most C-c
bindings are of the form C-c C-a through C-c C-z rather than C-c a
through C-c z.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)